Tuesday 2 March 2010

Memphis Belle Rebrand and Promo Brief

Beginning one of my other briefs, this will lead me to design rebranding for Leeds based vintage boutique Memphis Belle, a small boutique store in the centre of Leeds selling fancy dress, bespoke swing dresses and all sorts of throw back accessories.

The shop has pretty much no branding or promotion at all, and with the subject of the shop being a personal interest of mine I feel this can be a successful brief.

Initially I need to begin developing a logo. As through my design sheets I decide to run with the idea of featuring a vintage female figure in a cosmetic context. Below, the initial sketch of the figure.



Here she is once tidied up and vectored in Illustrator.



Playing with the idea of framing the figure in a decadent cameo style frame.


I feel this frilled oval frame works well for the figure, the heart shape being too big and perhaps overbearing for an illustrated logo.


Experimenting with the use of a ribbon around the frame where the text will lay.


Pop a bow on top, allows it a more feminine appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment